With the festive season in full swing, it’s time for a look back at Senior’s highlight over the last 12 months. And what a year it’s been!
The big story of 2016 was the success of our innovative PURe® glazing system. An innovative thermal break of high insulation polyurethane foam (PUR) gives the system incredible thermal efficiency, allowing unbeatable U values to be achieved.
- Out on its own – In February, Carlyle School in Derbyshire, our first PURe® window project, was completed by Bowmer and Kirkland. James Vaux-Anderson, the company’s Director responsible for the delivery of £274M worth of Education Funding Agency (EFA) projects, gave us a glowing testimonial “For us it’s a complete win-win. This product is now completely out on its own, and for us to not have that as part of our product list would be an oversight.”
- PURe® door launch – in May we added to the PURe® range with a suite of folding sliding, inline sliding, lift & slide, single and double doors.
- Patent Protection – just days later we were awarded a UK patent (GB252363.8) for our now market-leading PURe® range of energy-efficient windows and doors. The patent protects the huge investment we have made in the research and development of these innovative products for the next 20 years.
- PURe® investment – As demand for PURe® continued to soar we invested in a new high pressure Polyurethane injection system to improve the speed and efficiency of the PURe® production line whilst reducing waste. Just as well because demand continued to increase through the year and in September we received our largest order of the year after being selected by main contractor John Sisk & Son and fabricator Elite Aluminium Systems to deliver the full fenestration package as part of a £1.8m contract for a major new residential scheme in Manchester.
- First choice – by the end of 2016 PURe® had become firmly established as the system of choice for some of the UK’s top architects and contractors and has already been installed in both commercial and residential projects the length and breadth of the UK.
Although Senior is best known for commercial projects, many of our glazing systems are also suitable for residential projects.
- Grand Designs – To prove the point, in 2016 our energy efficient PURe® and Hybrid timber composite systems hit the small screen featuring in consecutive episodes of Channel 4’s Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud. Pure® windows and SCW+ curtain wall were declared ‘a triumph of light & colour’ in a sleek, black clad, house and artist studio in Essex whilst our Hybrid range helped turn a self-build house project in Bolton into a zero-carbon castle.
- Ali FOLD launch – To extend our range of residential products, we launched the Ali FOLD bifolding door range. With the same elegant aesthetics and profiles as PURe® FOLD but with a polyamide thermal barrier, Ali FOLD doors can achieve U-values as low as 1.19 W/m2K when calculated as a CEN standard. Easy to fabricate, Ali FOLD patio doors are now being manufactured by a host of trade suppliers and installed in homes nationwide.
25 years of Outstanding Customer Service
This year we celebrated our 25-year anniversary. Customer service has always been top of our priority list.
- Online Fabricator Tools – To make sure we maintain this gold standard, in 2016 we launched our online Fabricator Tools service, providing valuable online resources to help our customers bid for and win new business. In 2017 we’ll be adding even more online tools to keep out fabricators ahead of the competition.
- Supply Chain Agreements – In addition we’ve established some important supply chain agreements with several major construction companies, ensuring a steady stream of new work for our glazing system manufacturers and installers.
Ready for 2017
As the last few days countdown to Christmas, we’re now in an excellent position to meet the growing demand for our innovative range of products in 2017. Thanks to all our customers for making 2016 our most successful year yet.
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!