Company: Senior Architectural Systems Ltd
Location: Denaby Main, Doncaster, DN12 4HA
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary: On request
Reporting to: Specification Support Manager
Senior Architectural Systems is one of the largest and most respected fenestration systems companies in the UK today. We offer an extensive range of Aluminium and Composite Timber architectural façade systems, including Curtain Walling, Windows, Doors, Roof Glazing and Louvres.
We are looking for an Estimator to join our internal Specification Support Department, assisting our nationwide Specification Team with projects ranging from £1k to £1.5m+ in metal value.
Full training will be provided and we are dedicated to helping our employee’s progress within the company, so role is ideal for someone looking to start a career in the Construction and Fenestration industry.
- Calculating budget costs and rates for Architects and Main Contractors.
- Providing material estimates and quotations for Sub Contractors using our in-house estimating software ‘Logikal’ – full training will be provided.
- Carrying out basic structural calculations including wind load & deflection calculations.
- Running thermal calculations & u-values.
- Specification writing and providing technical advice & solutions.
- General admin duties when required
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Basic CAD skills (AutoCAD or Revit)
- A College or University level qualification in construction or other relevant subjects.
- Ability to read and interpret Architectural Drawings and Specifications.
- Knowledge of Aluminium Fenestration systems would be advantageous but not required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and short covering letter to the contact details below by 27/07/2019.
Specification Support Manager