As the festive seasons gets into full swing we would like to wish all our customers a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.
We will be taking a short break over the Christmas period but will be back early in the New Year with some exciting new products and services.
Christmas and New Year Opening Times
All offices and branches will close at 5pm on Friday 22nd December 2017. Denaby and Newport reopen at 8.30am on Tuesday 2nd January 2017, whilst our Livingston branch reopens at 8.30am on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.
2017 has been a busy and exciting year for Senior with good growth boosted by product innovations including SF52 curtain wall, PURe® windows & doors & Ali FOLD patio doors. This has allowed us to invest for the future. Here’s just a brief snapshot of our 2017 highlights:
Investment for growth
Following Brexit, many companies have taken a cautious approach to investment. Not so for Senior. In fact, we’re so confident about our innovative product range that we’ve invested heavily for future growth. Not only will this ensure that we can easily increase production to meet demand, but will also further improve our legendary customer service with shorter lead times and immediate delivery for stocked items.
New plant and machinery
- A new warehouse to increase our stock levels – we now stock huge quantities of pre-powder coated patio doors ready for immediate delivery.
- A new fleet of trucks – 5 brand new Mercedes Benz Actros trucks with longer bodies, greater capacity, larger engines and probably the best telematics and Sat Nav system available, means faster delivery ensuring that goods arrive on time.
- The latest polyamide rolling machine from Müller Technologies – allowing us to double our production of the polyamide bars that give Ali FOLD doors their impressive thermal break.
- Improvements to the PURe® production line – for shorter lead times
- Additional packing machinery – to make sure orders go out on time every time
- New marketing resources via online Fabricator Tools including free PR via our “Tell us about your Project” service
- Expanded team of Architectural Advisors and Technical Sales Managers to provide technical expertise
- Dedicated LogiKal helpdesk to help with ordering queries
New Options and Improvements
Throughout 2017 we have added new options to many of our product ranges including:
- Triple track, heavy duty and new external handle options for PURe® SLIDE patio doors
- Approval to use PURe® & SPW600 for use as smoke vents when fitted with SE Controls SECO Ni 24 40 Actuators
- Ali FOLD floating mullion option
- External square beads for the SPW600 casement window range
- Inline cleat for Ali FOLD and PURe® FOLD Doors allowing wider bifolds up to a maximum of 8 x 1000mm door leafs
- Decorative ‘ovolo’ style beads for Ali FOLD & PURe® FOLD doors plus SPW600 radius windows.
- Wide rebated door stile & clip-in jamb trim for the SD/SFG Ground Floor Treatment system for easier fabrication and more design options
- Pre-fabricated keep carriers & new transom/mullion sections for Ali FOLD & PURe® FOLD doors to save on fabrication time and give more design choice
- Security panic exit door and extended anti-finger trap stile for the popular SPW501 range of commercial doors
- Aluminium perimeter closers for use with commercial door inserts into the SF52 mullion drained curtain wall system to simplify installation
- New punch tools to make fabrication of PURe® Casement and PURe® Tilt Turn window systems easier.
- Thermally broken cill profiles for PURe® FOLD & Ali FOLD Door systems allowing for either fully framed outerframes or low threshold outerframes
New Domestic Product Range
To help our customers take advantage of the growth in housebuilding boosted by the government’s help-to-buy equity loan programme, we have developed an expanded domestic aluminium product range including:
- Ali Vu a brand new super slimline aluminium window with a polyamide thermal break designed to achieve triple glazed A+ Window Energy Rating
- Ali FOLD patio doors – including single & double door options – with a polyamide thermal break giving U value as low as 1.19 W/m2K
- PURe® Windows – including casement, tilt/turn and overswing options – with a polyurethane foam thermal break giving U value as low as 0.71 W/m2K
- PURe® SLIDE and PURe® FOLD patio Doors – including single & double door options – with a polyurethane foam thermal break giving U value as low as 0.93 W/m2K
- Aluminium Series 2 window slimline casement window – with a polyamide thermal break giving U value as low as 0.95 W/m2K
We are now in an excellent position to take advantage of all the opportunities that 2108 brings and we hope that our customers will enjoy reaping the rewards of our ongoing investment in both products and services.